Busy, Busy, Busy

With:

1. Syllabus Planning
2. Document Scanning
3. New Faculty Orientating
4. New Colleague Schmoozing
5. First-Day-of-Teaching Anxiety Nursing.

Status?

1. ARRGHH!!!
2. @(#*$&#@)!)#*($*!!!!!!
3. Great, if a bit long between breaks.
4. 3 bottles of wine, 3 bottles of beer, 3 bourbons for 5 people, so, really great!
5. It's always fun and satisfying to feed one's own anxieties with thoughts like: what if they laugh at the pesto in my teeth? And, of course, the ultimate -- what if they all see right through me?

Conclusion:

I'm exhausted and the semester hasn't even started.

6 comments:

At 10:38 PM Anonymous said...

"The ultimate" bothers me a lot too. But in some ways I think the only way they'll "see through" us is if we're wearing a mask of authoritativeness or omniscience that can be seen through. If, however, we make clear from the get-go that we are more like students who are farther along than they are, then what is there for them to see through? What they see is what they get.

Good luck with the start of the semester. Hope you're able to get some rest before things kick off. I really enjoy reading your blog.

 
At 12:13 AM RageyOne said...

Take it one day at time!

Sending you good vibes on the beginning of the new semester!

 
At 11:36 AM Scrivener said...

In my experience, the start of the semester is always exhausting, no matter how prepared you are, no matter how much experience you've got, no matter what you're doing. I've got my first week of classes so down pat at this point that I'm not exerting much effort in classes. And I'm still exhausted at the end of the day. That's just teh way it is.

You might try leaving a comment on Phantom's whining thread--that always helps.

 
At 6:31 PM Mon said...

Come On Stewgad You Can Do It!!
Just a little cheer from the sidelines for ya! Wishing you a great start to the semester!

 
At 1:02 PM Wanna Be PhD said...

The next holidays will come for sure!

 
At 3:42 PM Stewgad said...

Thanks, guys! And welcome, Caleb!

 

Post a Comment