Grading Procrastination

Spousal Unit has headed off to camp. I'm on my own and therefore can't use him to avoid my grading and courseprep. So instead, I thought I'd do this meme I saw a long time ago at La Lecturess that I've had as New on my Bloglines for weeks now.


[ ] I've run away from home.
[x] I listen to political music.
[ ] I collect comic books.
[ ] I shut others out when I'm sad.

[X] I open up to others easily. (Depends what about.)
[ ] I am keeping a secret from the world.
[ ] I watch the news.
[ ] I own over 5 rap CDs.

[x ] I own an I-Pod.
[ ] I own something from Hot Topic. (??)
[ ] I love Disney movies.
[ ] I am a sucker for hair/eyes.

[x] I don't kill bugs. (Unless there is really no alternative. Except for fruit flies. Love to vacuum those suckers. Oh yeah, and those GODDAMNED EVIL brown moths that get in all food and propagate like bunnies and eat holes in my cashmere sweaters. They definitely aren't on the prisoner release program like spiders and ladybugs are.)
[x] I curse regularly.
[ ] I paid for that cell phone ringtone.
[ ] I have "x"s in my screen name.

[ ] I've slipped out a "lol" in a real conversation.
[ ] I love Spam.
[x] I bake well.
[ ] I would wear pajamas to school.

[ ] I own something from Abercrombie.
[x] I have a job.
[x ] I love Martha Stewart. (Love is a bit strong. But, I do love the aesthetic. And I think that it is a big fucking fascist chauvinist conspiracy that she got thrown in the clink for the same shit that male CEOs do with consequence-free regular abandon.)
[x] I am in love with someone. (With the same guy for sixteen years now. It (and he) constantly amaze me.)

[x ] I am guilty of tYpInG lIkE tHiS.
[x] I am self conscious.
[x] I like to laugh. (This one is kind of lame, I mean, who doesn't?)
[ ] I smoke a pack a day.

[ ] I loved Go Ask Alice.
[ ] I have cough drops when I'm not sick. (Ew. I hate those suckers even when I am sick and need them.)
[ ] I can't swallow pills.
[x ] I have many scars. (Emotional? Many. Physical? Only a few.)

[x] I've been out of this country.
[x] I believe in ghosts. (Believe? I don't know. Willing to admit there's stuff I don't understand? Absolutely. Could some of that stuff be spirits, faeries, Mojo, and juju, sure. Why not?)
[X] I can't sleep if there is a spider in the room. (I can't sleep if there is any bug in the room and so Spousal Unit usually gets recruited to manage the insect prisoner release program.)
[ ] I am really ticklish.

[x] I see/have seen a therapist. (Duh.)
[x] I love chocolate. (Double duh.)
[x] I bite my nails. (When they rip and are hanging off and getting caught on stuff. But, worse, I bite my cuticles. They're always shredded)
[x] I am comfortable with being me.

[x] I play computer games/video games when i'm bored.
[ ] Gotten lost in your city.
[x ] Saw a shooting star.
[x] Gone out in public in your pajamas. (Once I was "sick" for Halloween.)

[ ] I have kissed a stranger.
[x] Hugged a stranger.
[ ] Been in a fight with the same sex.
[ } Been arrested.

[ ] Laughed and had milk/soda come out of your nose.
[ ] Pushed all the buttons on an elevator.
[ ] Made out in an elevator.
[x] Swore at your parents. (Well, not so much AT as in NEAR and ALONG WITH)

[x ] Kicked a guy where it hurts. (When I was in 6th grade. I was immediately sorry. It was awful.)
[ ] Been skydiving. (Oh hell no. Spousal Unit went in college. I stayed home. I told him I'd rather remember him as he was then, than as a tragic splat on some field somewhere. As you may have surmised, he was fine.)
[ ] Been bungee jumping.
[ ] Broken a bone. (Wrist. Twice. Once as a really young kid - my parents still don't know how. And again, same wrist, in grade school playground incident.)

[x] Played spin the bottle.
[x] Gotten stitches. (Forehead-- I was 1, and fell into the edge of the fireplace. I don't remember.)
[ ] Drank a whole gallon of milk in one hour. (No, but I probably could. I'm a milk girl.)
[x] Bitten someone. (In play or in anger? Play, and, ahem, other stuff, yes. Anger? No.)

[x] Been to Niagara Falls. (The last time, when I was about 13 with my family plus our 2 dogs -- the collie mix and the Newfoundland, Shamu. We were walking along on the nice Canadian side of the falls, when the Newfoundland frightened by all of the people, took a 2 ton dump in the middle of the sidewalk. My brother and I ran screaming in the opposite direction, and my Dad took off with the dogs to a grassy area just in case more poop was forthcoming. This left my poor mom to manage the huge poop pile so that no one would walk in it. Bewildered and humiliated, in the tight crowd, the only thing she could think of to do was to straddle it. So here she is, a grown woman in a nice sundress straddling a giant animal sized pile of poop, looking for all the world as if SHE had had a major accident on a public sidewalk. Looking for something to clean it up with, she asked one woman who walked by with a baby stroller if she could have a diaper or a diaper wipe to clean it up, and the woman got all frightened, and ran off, as if this crazy, mad public pooper was going to do something truly obscene with one of her baby's unused diapers. I don't know how she did it, but mom eventually got it all cleaned up and tracked the rest of us down for a right and proper scolding for ditching her to deal with the Shamu poop all on her own. )
[x] Gotten the chicken pox. (When I was in 1st grade. I was at a Montessori school, and so could choose what I wanted to study each day. When I got the chicken pox, my parents went in for my homework and realized in consultation with the teachers that it had been 6 months since I had visited the Math area. This was bad news for me, with my very mild case of chicken pox, it meant that I had to sit at my little desk and do Math the entire time I was sick. -- At least that is what I remember about it)
[x] Crashed into a friend's car. (Or rather, crashed a friend's car. While babysitting 3 kids for a family I totally loved, I crashed their Mercedes into the side of their garage, neatly removing some brick and destroying the garage door track, not to mention damaging the car. All the while the parents were in Vegas gambling away all of their money. It was a very bad day.)
[ ] Been to Japan.

[x] Ridden in a taxi.
[ ] Shoplifted.
[ ] Been fired.
[x] Had feelings for someone who didn't have them back. (Oh, way back when over 16 years ago. I guess high school crushes count?)

[x] Stole something from your job. (But I'm not sure that taking home a sticky pad for use at home on academic projects is REALLY stealing.)
[ ] Gone on a blind date.
[x] Lied to a friend.
[ ] Had a crush on a teacher/coach.

[ ] Celebrated Mardi Gras in New Orleans. (This one takes on a whole new level of poignancy now.)
[x] Been to Europe.
[ ] Slept with a co-worker.
[x] Been married. (Just the once, although Spousal Unit and I have had many different marriages as our relationship changes)

[ ] Gotten divorced.
[x] Saw someone dying. (My dad was a doctor, so we had to stop at a lot of roadside accidents when I was growing up. Once I watched him unsuccessfully give CPR to a very large man who had crashed his small Chevette into a stone wall. Another time, on the way to his father's funeral, I saw him protect a wrecked motorcyclist who was probably paralyzed from being moved by other onlookers. We're not sure how that man fared. It was kind of a grim part of my childhood.)
[x ] Driven over 400 miles in one day. (Many, many times.)
[x] Been to Canada. (See above Newfoundland Public Poop story)

[x] Been on a plane. (Hate it.)
[ ] Seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
[ ] Thrown up in a bar.
[x] Eaten sushi. (Love it.)

[ ] Been snowboarding.
[x] Been skiing. (Since I was six, almost every winter.)
[x] Been ice skating.
[ ] Met someone in person from the internet. (But, I'm willing to give it a go -- any takers? :) )

[ ] Been to a motorcross show.
[x] Gone/Going to college. (Still going... like the freaking energizer bunny...)
[ ] Done hard drugs. (Does Advil count? )
[x] Taken painkillers. (Does Advil count?)

[ ] Cheated on someone else.
[x] Were so bored you took this survey. (So tired of doing your real work...?)
[ ] Have a tattoo. (Voluntary needles? Permanence? Nope. Not this girl. Cheers to those who do it, though.)

2 comments:

At 8:48 AM Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Did you get my previous comment on this post? I swear I wrote a long comment. Oh well. In case it vanished, I was just cackling about your mom and the Shamu poop incident - hysterical! And was reassured to see that other people leave posts marked "new" in Bloglines for weeks (thought I was the only one who did that!).

 
At 9:03 AM BrightStar (B*) said...

I totally copied you and did this last night. :)

 

Post a Comment