13

Thirteen years ago today Spousal Unit and I had an amazing party filled up with people that we love. I wore a yummy white dress that floated out behind me like a cloud and Spousal Unit donned a dashing and dapper tuxedo. Our friends and family sang and read poetry and played cello and piano. In front of our community of folk we promised to love each other and take care of each other and fight and cry and make up and work on our relationship for the rest of our lives. The wildflowers in Ball jars splashed vivid color on the dinner tables, and when the music came on everybody, I mean everybody, danced. It was the perfect day. Even the ant that crawled down the front of my dress in the middle of the ceremony and had to be plucked out by the minister made the day perfect because every wedding needs a good funny disaster story.

Happy Thirteen, Spousal Unit. You are the best decision I ever made.

6 comments:

At 8:30 PM Mon said...

Awww!! Many many congrats!!

 
At 11:54 PM Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!

 
At 3:46 PM Scrivener said...

Aw, what a great anniversary posy. Congratulations!

 
At 2:33 PM AcadeMama said...

Awwww...how sweet! Congratulations on a Lucky 13! This post makes me look forward to my anniversary in November :)

 
At 8:58 PM Zelda said...

congratulations! all the best to you both! :)

 
At 10:45 AM jo(e) said...

Hope you had a wonderful anniversary!

 

Post a Comment