Check In

Well it's not 5:30 a.m., but I'm up, I'm at the computer and the Gadlet is asleep.

Speaking of which, she slept from 7 p.m. until midnight last night without waking up. (HORAY! The sleep-strike pattern is broken!) She fell asleep on the couch in her clothes and in a BumGenius cloth diaper that hadn't been changed since 4:00. Yes, we are bad parents. Frankly, we both forgot about the diaper until dinnertime (after using disposables for 2 weeks on the road it has been hard to get back into the habit of remembering how frequently you have to change the cloth ones...) and then we were going to nurse her and then change it after we nursed but she fell asleep and I could not bring myself to wake her up. But my point of this whole story is that this diaper did not leak!!! Man, oh Man am I impressed with this diaper! (I got it at Jillian's Drawers -- a great site for cloth diapers FYI.)

Anyway, back to the point of the post. I'm up. I'm preparing to work. Spousal Unit is on Gadlet duty today, so I have the WHOLE DAY for myself!!

Here are my goals:

1. Finish reading through the new primary material I'm going to add to this chapter. (There's a lot, it's ancient Congressional Speeches, and the type is so tiny I have to use a magnifying glass. It might take a while.)
2. Make some notes on this material so that I can start thinking about what to write when I start composing this section tomorrow.
3. Make a list of things I need to do to actually finish revising this chapter and make a plan for doing it.

That last one is probably the one I'm least inspired to do. It seems like I'm perpetually making "to do" lists and perpetually failing to do the things on the list. It's like I'm just constantly setting myself up for disappointment and failure rather than for success and accomplishments. Maybe instead what I'll do is make a list of things I want to do for the next day's work instead of a global list. That would probably be better.

Well off I go. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

At 11:57 AM spark said...

Good luck!
Whatever you do today, congratulate yourself for it! If you get one of those things done, just honor that, ok? Promise?

 
At 6:30 PM EcoGeoFemme said...

I find a short term list is *much* better than a global list.

 

Post a Comment