- At 2:47 PM Scrivener said...
1. I am older than you are, by a full 3 months, and I'm nowhere close to being an Old Guy. I don't know you in person, but you sure don't seem like you're anywhere close to being an Old Lady. Maybe you can start worrying about that when you turn 57?
My city had fireworks on the 4th, but it's a big damn city. Not being able to stay awake for the 9pm fireworks display is not a sign of age but a sign of being a parent.
2. If you didn't seem so forthright and all, I would suspect that this is a fictional account of your week. But, hey, good for you! I cannot even begin to imagine the possibility of ever, ever spending a week with me Ex.
3. Glad that Gadlet is ok.
4. You can totally do it! Ignore the beat of the semester's winged chariot--it's of no concern until TWSNBN is completed.
- At 5:47 PM What Now? said...
Happy belated birthday! (And, having turned 41 just today, I can assure you that life continues to be good, even if things are sagging a bit.)
Great news on the Gadlet. What a relief for you all.
And keep plugging away at That Which Shall Not Be Named. Life is sooooo much better afterward.
- At 6:17 PM Nik said...
That your parents were able to get along for a week straight makes me uncommonly happy--for you, the Gadlet and for diplomats everywhere. I'm sorry about the catheter. Z had one once too and watching her be restrained AND poked like that about was more than she could take. I'd never heard her scream like that. She, however, does not suffer any mental scarring that I can tell.
Happy rest of the summer!
- At 10:34 AM Mimi said...
I have had similar ideas about medical intervention: sometimes, you just have to wonder if all the intervening worry and then all the bother and discomfort are worth it, or if everyone might just have better pulled off the 'wait and see' trick. Hm. But I'm so glad the Gadlet is okay!
And the lake story? It's a divorced parents MIRACLE. Wow.
- At 12:06 PM Kathleen said...
THAT'S the Gadlet? Where did the baby go??
- At 2:48 PM EcoGeoFemme said...
Sounds like a great week. The Gadlet has changed so much! (I've been reading for a while, but not commenting much).
- At 7:10 PM RageyOne said...
happy belated birthday! and you are so not old. enjoy the moment.
my city had fireworks on the 4th. i didn't go. wasn't really up to it.
that is great that you divorced parents were able to get along so well that week. i guess time really does bring on a change, and possibly heal old wounds.
so glad the Gadlet is better. i'm sure that is a relief.
that which shall not be named - well, here's to your success with that!
- At 7:44 AM VeganCowGirl said...
Sounds like a struggle-package that ended in the positive realm of reality.
I have to say though....let's hope the Gadlet isn't too miffed about her mom writing about her coochie for the whole world to read. yikes.
- At 4:54 AM Anonymous said...
好秘书 中国呼吸网 肿瘤网 中国皮肤网 癌症康复网 中国公文网 工作总结 个人工作总结 班主任工作总结 年终工作总结 工作报告 政府报告 述职报告 述廉报告 考察报告 自查报告 情况报告 调研报告 调查报告 申请报告 辞职报告 实习报告 评估报告 工作汇报 思想汇报 汇报材料 情况通报 情况汇报 心得体会 学习心得 工作心得 培训心得 读后感 演讲稿 竞聘演讲 就职演讲 比赛演讲 征文演讲 节日演讲 演讲技巧 工作意见 活动策划 工作方案 整改方案 实施方案 企划文案 销售方案 培训方案 应急预案 规章制度 法律法规 事迹材料 先进事迹 个人事迹 申报材料 学习材料 考察材料 经验材料 交流材料 自我鉴定 模板范例 技巧经验 工作计划 民主生活会 入党志愿书 入党申请书 入团申请书 转正申请书 通知 毕业论文 合同