Day 13: Slow Start

I'm sure you will all be amazed to learn that staying out drinking with friends until 3 am is not so conducive to working well the next day. A Shocking Discovery, yes, I know, but try to stay calm and not to panic.

So, consequently, I just sat down to work in.... MY ICE COLD STUDY!! Huge, Huge Kudos to my new hero, Spousal Unit for deciding this morning to install the air conditioning unit -- in my study. He selflessly sacrificed the possibility of air conditioning in the room with a television, in the interests of my completion process. Man, is he tired of having a dissertating spouse. Since the Cage has been so stifling, it feels like a writer's paradise to be sitting here now in my very own climate controlled room. So, back to work I go. (I would like to say that it was all due to my not so subtle public grousing about it on the blog, but I think the truth was that he just finally reached his last sweaty little straw.)

Tonight, I need to type in the 4.5 pages I hand wrote yesterday on section one of 11, and then, finish writing the other 10 sections, so that I can revise, revise, revise tomorrow and be ready to hand it in at the end of the day. Perhaps a mite ambitious given last night's socializing. But, hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

3 comments:

At 5:55 PM MattyP said...

Hey what doyou write?

 
At 6:05 PM Stewgad said...

In short, it is a dissertation on 19th century American voting rights around the time of the Civil War that I'm working on in order to complete a Ph.D. degree.

You can find out more on the first post that I made in May of this year in the archives, linked on the right side of the page.

Thanks for asking and stopping in!

 
At 8:06 AM Anonymous said...

yikes! i couldn't write at all if i'd gone out drinking the night before. so, whatever you accomplished sounds amazing to me!

 

Post a Comment