Trivia: Photo Meme

Badger did this cool photo meme a while back and since I'm procrastinating and have never played with photos, I thought I'd give this one a go. I'm new to the whole meme thing, so probably everybody's done this by now, but it was fun. AND, it let me put off Chapter one for a whole 20 minutes! Basically, you search Google Images for the following things: the place you grew up, the place you live now, your name, your grandmother's name, your favorite food, your favorite drink, and your favorite smell, and for each one pick an image you like.

The place I grew up:



The place I live now:



My name: (and no it isn't Crystal, or Wineglass!)



My grandmother's name:




My favorite food:



My favorite drink:



My favorite smell:




Yeah, yeah, I know -- back to work... I'm going, I'm going...

2 comments:

At 8:37 PM Anonymous said...

Ok damn it all. I skipped through the previous "meme" blog, read it for what I understood and ignored that I did not know what "meme" was. Haven't youall (one word where I come from) read books where you hit a word and you don't have clue, but you keep reading anyway?

So, damn it. What is a "meme"?

What ever it is, I love the pictures and the story on today's blog and I may try to make my own what-ever-it-is.

PS Deposition went well. Three and half long hours alone in the hot seat but our attorney said "you hit it out of the park" . All I ever wanted to do! He seemed to have no idea I was wrestling with hyperventalating or/& passing out. I must have fooled everyone one more time.

Anyone else feel like you are faking it? I guess the real question is if we are faking it well enough?

For me, today is over. Thank goodness. And thanks Stewgad for another great blog. You bring a smile to me every day.

 
At 10:07 PM Stewgad said...

Damn - I just had a really good reply and I lost it. Twice. It went something like this:

I didn't know what a meme was either until I started this blogging gig. A good explanation is at http://maxwell.lucifer.com/virus/alt.memetics/what.is.html -- but I can't get the link to work. Google Meme and see what turns up. Here is a quote from the page that won't work:

"Meme (pron. meem): A contagious information pattern that replicates by parasitically infecting human minds and altering their behavior, causing them to propagate the pattern. (Term coined by Dawkins, by analogy with "gene".) Individual slogans, catch-phrases, melodies, icons, inventions, and fashions are typical memes. An idea or information pattern is not a meme until it causes someone to replicate it, to repeat it to someone else. All transmitted knowledge is memetic."

Kudos on your deposition. I think we all feel like we're faking it all of the time. But, what would the world be like if we owned up to our knowledge, strength, ability, and skills? If we really had faith in ourselves? I think that when we're afraid we doubt our ability to handle things, but really we have the ability we just also have the fear. Maybe if we can separate the two things, we'd be better off -- if we could know that we were ok but just afraid. (A lesson that I clearly need to learn, judging by my dream of two nights ago.)

 

Post a Comment